2019 Oklahoma Morel Foray (sorry, this foray is full)
April 12th-14th, 2019
Come and join Chris and Levena in Oklahoma for the 2019 Morel Mushroom Hunting Club’s Foray.
If you have followed this site, then you have seen photos posted for the past 11+ years of these giant beautiful Morels that we found here in the very deep South! This is a remote location, private land, and we have just received clearance to have a day or two of hunting in this very rare site, where giant Morels are gonna be there dry weather, wet weather, it don’t matter, they are always here every year, and just enormous in size. You may find them up to 14 inches or more, and they have 1/2″ thick walls! ! Find amazing Morels and learn many other edible varieties. Enjoy the most incredible mushroom cuisine feast that you could ever imagine, all cooked outdoors!
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, so don’t miss out.
Call today and register, and receive discounts for paying early. Optional $50 deposit per person can be paid to hold a spot as well.
Limited to the first 20 new registrants, (not including lifetime foray members)
Past Fall Foray Tailgates:
Chris will give “hands-on” instruction! But even if you are an old-tyme die-hard Mushroom Hunter, you won’t want to miss this great opportunity to hunt with Chris and taste some of his wonderful cooking!
(The meal alone would go for upwards of $75 per plate in a nice restaurant)
Learn about Wild Edible Plants Also!
What is Included
- Levena prepares a special outdoor picnic lunch with sandwiches, dozens of snacks, fruit, veggies, and drinks. (if you have special dietary needs, we will try to accommodate).
- There will be a huge Foraged Feast including numerous plant and mushroom appetizers, soup, fried morels, and the pasta entree with chicken, brats, and steak! (if you have special needs such as vegetarian, dairy, or gluten free, simply email me your request and Chris will be happy to accommodate you!)
- There are Hotel Rooms available near our hunting spots, or camping is also available, (details will be emailed after you register).
- Everyone who registers will receive a free foray bumper sticker!
- A link will be emailed to an online video of our Mushroom Hunt, Feast and Festivities to Cherish for years to come!
Friday Mandatory Meet and greet Friday 7:30 eve, 8 PM Seminar/ Powerpoint Presentation and seminar and Chris will have his books and full line of mushroom related products available as well!
Saturday 9:00 am. and on to 4:00pm(ish) guests will be be given hands on instruction on harvesting. Hunting in the morning and afternoon. Sandwiches and drinks are provided for lunch.
Sunday 9:30 am until aprox 12:30 pm we hunt and forage again. 3:00 pm The Feast cooked by Chris Matherly and Levena Holmes! A complete itinerary will be emailed after you register and will include all locations, what to bring, etc.
To be held near Oklahoma City
All Private Land!
April 12th-14th, 2019
Simply be a current member of the Morel Mushroom Hunting Club
Per Person – $250.00 (If you pay in FULL by October 1st, 2018 the cost per person is just $200 which saves you $50!) (also optional $50 deposit per person to hold your spot with full balance due by October 1st, 2018)
Online Here (or):
Call me and I will take your early registration right over the phone!
Call to register!
If you have any special needs or requests, or any questions at all, please email me asap.