NEW CONTEST: Kids drawing of Morels and or mushroom hunting…
Show off the talents and interests of your children about foraging!
1. Media can be crayons, water color paint, colored pencils, or charcoal.
2. All entries must include a description of your child’s artwork.
3. All entries also must include in their exact words what they love most about mushroom hunting.
4. Email entries to: email@example.com.
5. Deadline to enter is July 15th, 2019.
6. There are three age groups as well as three prizes for each: 6 years old and younger, 7 to 11 years old, and 12 to 15 years old.
7. You do not have to be an official member to the Morel Mushroom Hunting Club to enter.
8. One entry per child.
9. Include a photo and name of your child.
10. Include parents name, address, and phone number with entry.
11. Chris Matherly will pick the top 5 from each category and post them here.
12. Top 15 entries will then be voted on by the general public, 14 day deadline on voting.
13. One grand prize will be awarded for each category.
14. Restricted to ONE vote per valid email address.
15. A link to each and every entry will be on this page.
16. Complete and submit the form below and then email your entry.
Grand Prizes for each age group: ($275.00 total value)
1. $50 gift card to Michaels Craft Store.
2. $50 gift card to Walmart.
3. $100 gift certificate from the Morel Mushroom Hunting Club, can be used for any product, membership, or applied to attend a foray.
4. A “Rough-Rider” mushroom hunting knife with brush.
5. A bucket mesh bag with strap.
Email entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
I absolutely love seeing parents getting their kids involved and passionate about mushroom hunting. -Chris M
The Morel Mushroom Hunting Club’s 20th Annual 2019 Mushroom Photo Contest:
Deadline: June 30, 2019
Rules: There is still no entry fee, it is free to enter. However, if you would like to become an official member to the club, that would be great!
Limit of 5 images per person. You must submit your mushroom photo before the end of the day on June 30, 2019. Photos will be judged on clarity, color, lighting, composition, and textures. If you have a great photo, but do not have a scanner, you may send them via snail mail to me with a self-addressed stamped envelope, and I will scan them for you and return them to you. All photos submitted will be put on display here for the public to view. You do not have to be a member of the Morel Mushroom Hunting Club to enter.
1. Morels in their natural surroundings. Example:
Mushroom finds with or without a person in the picture. example: (your day’s find all laid out on a table), (or Cousin Suzy holding the giant 15″ Morel!). Examples:
3. Mushroom photos other than Morels. Example:
4.Finally, Pre-1980 Photos, even better if very old in Black and White, photos of Morel Finds from the more distant past. Jpg files are preferred. Any size, I will edit it. (I will pay you for a good photo that is B&W from years past) Example:
Winners will be notified via email. The winning prizes are as follows:
Grand Prize – Most total number of votes, any category.
The newest DVD from Morel Mushroom Hunting Club 125 Edible Mushrooms, a T-Shirt from the Morel Mushroom Hunting Club of a Hummer with Giant Morels on it, Set Of Coasters from the Morel Mushroom Hunting Club, A Morel Ornament hand painted by Chris Matherly, A signed book by Chris Matherly!, and a Morel Mushroom carved deer antler!.
(a $300.00 value for Grand Prize Winner!)
Second Place – Second highest number of votes, any category .
A DVD form Morel Mushroom Hunting Club, A T-Shirt from Morel Mushroom Hunting Club, and a Morel Ornament hand painted by Chris Matherly.
Third Place- Third highest number of votes, any category.
A T-Shirt from Morel Mushroom Hunting Club.
Email Your Entries: email@example.com
Please include the scientific name of the mushroom, and your name and email address as well.
Special Discount Code Offer (expires June 15th, 2019):
Call anytime to register or if you have any questions!
Spring 2019 Forays (Now open for registration):
Only One Spring 2019 Morel Foray Remaining:
Pre-Register for 2020 Morel Forays:
Register Now and save up to $100! Summer 2019 Forays: (click below):
Register Now for 2019 Fall Forays:
2019/2020 Winter Forays, (info coming soon):
Georgia Fall/Winter Hens-Chicken-Lion’s Mane Foray November 15th-17th, 2019
California Fall/Winter Trumpets-Chanterelles-Porcini-Candy Caps Foray December 13th-15th, 2019
Oregon Truffle Foray January 17th-19th, 2020
California Winter Foray January 24th-26th, 2020